This is a ridiculously simple “recipe” which I’m a bit ashamed of publishing because it’s so basic. Take it more like an idea for a quick lunch.
I have used my Sourdough Spelt Bread for the tartine (toast in French) which I have toasted. I drizzled olive oil on the hot bread, chopped a ripe avocado on top. Then for the final touch, you have all the options in the world.
This time I used the Outback Pepper Steak “Australian marinade for BBQ” spice mix from Gourmet Morsels, you know the friendly guys from Victoria who make the most incredible dukkahs (see my article here). I sprinkled this delicious and fragrant spice mix and chopped chives, coriander (cilantro) and/or parsley. Then crick-crack: sea salt and pepper medley. And because I’m an olive oil addict, I drizzle a little bit more oil on top.
That’s it :)
You can use any spice mix, think curry, Moroccan, Italian, Mexican, rubs, dukkahs, etc.
NOTE: this post is not sponsored
Gourmet Morsels’ website.
- Good bread sliced
- ½ avocado per tartine
- The best olive oil you can get
- A spice mix such as Outback Pepper Steak by Gourmet Morsels or any other mix (Indian, Moroccan, Mexican, rubs, BBQ blends, etc)
- Fresh herbs of your choice such as chives, coriander (cilantro), parsley, etc.
- Salt and Pepper (medley) freshly cracked
- Toast bread.
- Drizzle oil all over the warm bread.
- Cut avocado and place slices on the tartine(s).
- Sprinkle spices, herbs, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle more oil on top for the final touch.