We’re all busy, mum or not, young or not, we all have tons of things to do. Quick recipes, where you chuck all the ingredients in a food processor and press go, are very welcome.
These Easy no bake cereal bars are very nice, not too sweet, with a bit of a subtle tang from the dried apricot and the energy of dates, almond and honey.
I use my little friend, the Magimix Cook Expert for those. You can use a Thermomix or a simple food processor, it will work just as well.
Weeezzz weeezzz and it’s all done. Depending on to your machine, you can either go straight to the highest speed (risking to make a paste of the ingredients at the bottom and not touch the remaining ones at the top) or you can start slow and push the speed up, and up, waiting a few seconds before each press on the “up” button. I prefer that one. It’s actually faster.
To make neat bars you can use a square or rectangular mould. Line it with baking paper and press the mix down.
Refrigerate and cut with a sharp (and long) knife.
And you get a cereal bar tower :)
That’s it :)
- 140g dried apricot
- 50g sultanas (dried grapes/raisin)
- 100g pitted dates (any sort)
- 100g shredded coconut
- 50g almonds with their skin (if nut free, replace with pine nuts which are not nuts or sunflower seeds or nothing)
- 1 generous tsp of honey
- Place all the ingredients in the metal bowl of the Magimix or the bowl of your food processor.
- Starting slow, increase the speed 1 increment after another with a few seconds between each. Stop to scrape down if needed.
- Line a rectangular or square mould with baking paper.
- Tip the mixture in the mould and press down to make it firm and even.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins minimim.
- Cut cereal bars with a long and sharp knife.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 10 days.