OK, this is a very pretty salad, ultra easy to make if you use a food processor and zen if you are using your hands :) I like to do both depending on my moods. The last one, pictured, was made by hand. I sat in my mum’s dining room cutting all the ingredients in little square while chatting with my mum about recipes. It was wonderful.
All you need is: carrots, onions, apples, beetroots, parsley and the usual olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
Basically this is the recipe :)
- 4 big carrots, peeled.
- 4 small beetroots, cooked and peeled.
- 4 small apples, peeled.
- 1 big red onion, peeled.
- 1 or 2 twigs of parsley
- 3 tbs of olive oil (or to taste)
- 2 tbs vinegar (or to taste)
- Salt and pepper
- Using a food processor or a knife, cut all ingredients in small bits, except the sauce :)
- Tip all in a bowl and add the sauce ingredients.