Profiteroles are also called choux (cabbage in French because they look like a little cabbage), éclairs, chouquettes, gougères, etc.
The chou pastry or profiterole pastry is one of the pillars of French cooking.
The idea is to make a hollow pastry to make it light or to fill it with goodies.
It can be made for entrée, main and dessert. It can be savoury or sweet. I can be empty or full.
* * *
In this class, you will learn how to make the dough and all sorts of fillings for appetizers, entrée, main and dessert.
- Small group sizes
- In a real family kitchen
- Fully hands on class – participants get to cook all steps of all the recipes!
* * *
Everything you need to know about this experience
- 2h30 hour class taught by a skilled French cook
- All recipes taught in the class printed
- Notepad and pen to take notes
- Apron for use during the class
- All ingredients and equipment required for the class are provided.
During this class you will make a delectable selection of profiterole based dishes:
- Stuffed profiteroles in a bacon and blue cheese sauce
- Salmon and herbs choux with cream
- Choux à la crème with your choice of 12 flavours
- Coffee éclairs
- Spectacular croquembouche assembled with toffee
This is a hands on and interactive class, where the students are all part of the action. When all the cooking is done, sit down to a wonderful feast of your creations with a glass of wine.
Recommended for people over 12 years old.
How The Flo Show works (it’s very easy):
- You can buy a class Voucher that is valid for 12 months, or you can book a class today. If you can’t decide, why not buy a Gift Voucher and let them decide.
- Using a voucher is easy. You receive a unique voucher code so you or the recipient can choose a date and book the experience.
- Once a booking request has been made you will receive a confirmation of your experience date and time.
This cooking class is located in Grays Point, Sydney.
IMPORTANT: the venue is set on a hill, there are 49 (irregular) steps to access it. If you, or the person you offer the class to, do not feel too sure about climbing this high, then unfortunately, the class might not be for you.
- All classes are a duration of 2.5 hours to 3 hours (depending on the number of attendees)
- Classes commence at 11am
- Please refer to your confirmation email for the correct starting time for your class
Casual. Please wear enclosed shoes. If possible have your hair tied up.
How many attendees
Group size ranges from 3 – 6 people.
There are no “visitors allowed” each participant is a paying student.
Special dietary requirements
For this special course, we cannot cater for special diets and food allergies (except nuts, there are no nuts involved here).
The recipes contain eggs, gluten and dairy products (milk, butter).
NEXT DATES: 2016
Please contact us if you want to receive the next dates.