This purlple carrot soup is a very simple, delicious and sweet soup for your cold winter nights. Purple Carrot Soup a family favourite.
All you need is a bunch of purple Dutch carrots (or any other carrot but it won’t be purple ;), 2 sticks of celery, 1 onion, 2 small sweet potatoes and 1 suede or turnip.
For this purlple carrot soup I used my Magimix Cook Expert but you can you any other thermo-appliance or you good old pot and a plunge mixer :)
- 1 bunch of purple carrots
- 2 celery sticks
- 1 suede or turnip
- 2 small sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 tbs of home-made veggie stock or a commercial stock cube
- Water to cover
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh herbs such as thyme, oregano, fresh spring onion.
- Wash your veggies.
- Peel and chop them in 4 or 6 for the celery.
- Put them in your thermo-machine's bowl or your pot.
- Pour the stock, water to cover, a bit of salt (not too much, the stock is already very salty, you can even wait for the end to add salt to taste) and pepper.
- If using a Magimix Cook Expert use the Velouté Soup program. If using any other machine: 100° (212°F) at 3 for 25 min, then progressively bring the speed to max until the soup is smooth and silky. If using a plunge mixer, just to your usual mixing until smooth.
- You may add fresh herbs such as thyme and oregano and/or fresh spring onion.