This snow pea dish takes only a few minutes to cook and prepare. It is delicious and goes well with any Asian meal or even as a side to traditional French food such as a roast chicken, a roast beef or roast lamb.
All you need is a mini clove of garlic, a bit of fresh ginger, a dash of light soy sauce and sesame oil.
I use my Magimix Cook Expert to steam the peas, you can also boil them or microwave them with a few tbs of water.
- 500g snow peas (or snap peas)
- 1 mini clove of garlic finely chopped or grated
- 1cm of fresh ginger cut in small pieces or grated
- 1 tbs sesame oil
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- Rinse snow peas.
- Snap each snow pea's tip and pull the strings you can pull. Some snow peas do not need this, especially when they are young.
- Steam peas for 2 or 3 mins OR boil them for 1 to 2 mins in salty water OR place in a microwavable bowl with 4 tbs of water and heat for 1 to 2 mins. In any case, it is better to check if the snow peas are cooked but still very crunchy.
- Drain and place in a bowl.
- Tip all remaining ingredients, toss and serve.