White chocolate, orange and dried fruit cubes are a very tasty snack for tea and great treats for lunch boxes.
You can easily customise it. If your kids school is nut free, simply replace almonds by dried apricot, it will still be delicious. If you want them more “diet” replace white chocolate by raw cacao. If you don’t like orange, just omit it.
I use my Magimix cook expert for this recipe but you can use any food processor.
You can see the white chocolate and almond there. It’s better to start grinding the white chocolate first and then add the other ingredients in one go or slowly, it doesn’t matter :)
These cubes are small, the size of dice, because you want to be reasonable, don’t you?! You can make them bigger of course.
I like to sprinkle them with grated coconut, they’re prettier and won’t stick.
Time to try these little gems. They’re an absolute fav of the lunch box (please Mummy, please, please, please!)
- 100g cooking white chocolate
- 120g whole raw almonds
- 50 pitted dates
- 1 orange grated
- 1 tbs of orange juice
- Desiccated coconut to sprinkle at the end
- Put the chocolate cut in squares in the metal bowl of your Cook Expert or any food processor. There are two ways to ground chocolate. Set the machine at max speed and wait or start at slow speed (3) and count to 5, go up one speed, keep counting to 5 between each speed until you reach the max (18). If the chocolate is not pulverised do it again after having scraped down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except coconut.
- Proceed the same way, scraping down once or several times if necessary.
- Once you have a fine mince, scrape it out of the pan into a bowl or plate.
- Put in the fridge for 1h (or at least 30 mins if you're in a rush).
- Form little cubes by rolling a heaped teaspoon of dough between your palms and shaping a square with your fingers.
- Place the squares on a plate or dish, sprinkle with coconut and put in the fridge for them to set (at least 20 mins).
- Keep your cubes refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 10 days .