This is possibly the easiest recipe on this blog! And one of the best…
I make these “Devils on horseback” or “Prunes in a shirt” as we say in French every time we have a buffet party at home. Kids and adults alike are addicted to these warm marvels.
In short you buy pitted prunes (no frills are perfect, believe me, I’m usually the strongest advocate for the best possible ingredients but those ones are gorgeous) and good prosciutto. You cut the prosciutto slices with scissors in 4. You roll each prune in a forth of slice. Keep it wrapped by stabbing it with a toothpick. Put in a 180°C oven for 10 min until prosciutto crisp and sizzling.
Here is the printable version, just in case :)
NOTE: this is a Paleo diet compatible recipe.
- 20 slices of prosciutto
- 1 pack of 500g pitted prunes
- 1 box of toothpicks
- Baking paper
- Cut prosciutto slices with scissors in 4.
- Roll each prune in a forth of slice. Keep it wrapped by stabbing it with a toothpick.
- Place prunes on 1 layer (don't stack) on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Put in a 180°C oven for 10 mins until prosciutto crisp and sizzling.